In order to show discount prices on products, the eCommerce site needs to compare two prices. The compare field is called the “Compare at Price”. This field is mapped from the RRP price in Retail Express.
Note: A RRP price for each product must be entered in Retail Express for each product.
The product price used to compare any discounts is controlled by a hierarchy. The standard price when there is no sale would be that the Retail Express POS price is the same as the RRP.
In this case the POS price will be mapped to the eCommerce product price.
Default: Retail Express POS price is mapped to eCommerce Product Price
The eCommerce site will compare the Products Price with the Compare at Price.
If the Product Price is less, a Sale will be displayed according to the rules setup in the Theme’s site.
For example RRP $ 170 Now $99
When there are any other prices in Retail Express they will used to replace the Product Price according to the following hierarchy:
- If there is a Web Price, it over-rides all prices and is used when you always want a different price in store compared to online.
If no Web Price exist then …
- If there’s an Outlet specific Discount Price specified within the Primary Sales Outlet and it is within a valid date range, use this price however make sure it is not discounted past the maximum discount rule imposed for the product (if any)
If no Outlet Discount Price exist then …
- If there’s an Outlet specific POS Price for this product at the outlet that has been selected as the Primary Sales Outlet, use this price.
If no Outlet POS Price exist then…
- If there’s a Master Discount Price (on the Main tab of the product rather than on the outlet tab) and it is within a valid date range, use this price however make sure it is not discounted past the maximum discount rules impose for the product (if any)
If no Master Discount Price exist then …
- Use the Master POS price (on the main tab of the product) which is most cases will be the default